FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #13 (Season 2)
We’ve covered consistency, translations, time, commentaries, and more. Today let’s chat volume. Have you wondered how many Bible verses you should study at one time? Is just one enough? Or should it be 10 verses a day? One chapter at a time? Join Chris and I as we talk about how to figure out the appropriate amount of verses to study, depending on your goals.
IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- 3 key things to consider when choosing verses to study
- The different genres of writing found in the Bible
- Katie and Chris’ new Bible studies they are working on
- Finding natural divisions within the text
- Looking at passages from a “Bird’s Eye View” vs. a “Bug’s Life View”
- Using the FOCUSed15 Bible study method as an approach to slow down and enjoy the verses
- The different layers to pull back when examining Scripture
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS CHRISTIAN PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Just click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.