FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #2 (Season 2)
There is often much confusion and sometimes heated opinions about which version of the Bible you use to read and study the Bible. Though the Word of God is undoubtedly inspired and inerrant there are variations within each version on the shelves. In today’s 15 minute podcast episode, Chris and I chat about why there are so many translations of the Bible, and what you need to know about their differences.
If you have any additional questions about translations or other questions you’d like us to answer on the podcast, let us know in the comments!
In This Episode You’ll Hear About:
- Whether or not it matters which translation you use
- What makes one version of the Bible better than another
- The translation process
- Word for word vs. phrase for phrase translations
- Agendas behind certain translations
- Study purposes vs. readability
- Chris and Katie’s top Bible versions and how they use them
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- Mardel’s Bible Translation Guide
- New International Version – NIV84
- New American Standard Bible – NASB
- The English Standard Version – ESV
- Holman Christian Standard Bible – HCSB
- New Living Translation – NLT
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST
You have many options for listening. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Just click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.