FOCUSed15 Christian Podcast – Episode #11 (Season 2)
Today we’re discussing commentaries! Chances are, you probably teeter between one of two extremes when it comes to using one. Some check the commentaries and study notes in their Bible right away. Some never use them at all. In this practical 15 minute episode my husband Chris and I chat about the helpful ways commentaries can be used to enhance and guide our interpretation of Scripture. I hope you’ll listen in!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- What a commentary is and how it can be used during your Bible study time
- The appropriate time to use one when you study
- The influence the worldview will have on the writer of a commentary
- The nature of the different commentaries
- The distinction between a Study Bible and a commentary
- Practical tips to help find a commentary that will work for you
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- FOCUSed15 Bible Studies
- New American Commentary series
- Crossway Publishers
- ESV Study Bible
- Abington Press
- Tom Shriner’s list
- World Bible Commentary (WBC)
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Just click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.