FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #1 (Season 2)
I’m good at starting things—not so good at following through. This has been true for many areas of my life, including my time in the Bible. After leading and getting to know thousands of people both online and “in real life” I know that I’m not alone in this struggle. This roadblock is seen on campus ministries, established churches, and online ministries alike. Members of home groups, Sunday school, and accountability groups all encounter this very common snag and it slows almost everyone down from growing spiritually the way they want to. What is this common struggle?
It’s the hurdle of inconsistency.
So if you’ve started Bible reading plans but lose steam in Exodus, you have a bunch half-completed Bible studies on your shelves, and/or you know of others who do and you’re not quite sure how to encourage them toward consistency (Hint: telling them to, “Just decide to do it—then do it!” is not helpful.) this episode is for you!
There are many more tips we could have shared today, but we’ve boiled it down to some of the perspectives we’ve found most helpful and fruitful in our own lives and ministries. Join my husband Chris and I for a quick 15 minute episode as we kick off Season 2 of the FOCUSed15 Podcast with a few easily implementable tips.
In This Episode You’ll Hear About:
- The real issue behind our inconsistency
- What a “trigger” is and how to use your current routine to get in the Word
- Tips to maintain consistency
- Experiencing grace in your quiet time (even if you’re inconsistent)
- How to deal with the knowledge that you aren’t as consistent as you’d like
- A Biblical example of God working to get back into relationship with man and what that has to do with our quiet time
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST
You have many easy options for listening. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app or directly from the site. For all podcast apps, new episodes will show up as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes dashboard.
Second chances are so great, being met by A Loving Father who seeks to find us.
Power packed` Pod Cast`! Please open your ears to hear this, lean -in and grow, glow and learn to be a responder. Thanks a million. You guys have hit it on the nail. t.
Comments are closed.