Southern California was home before I packed my bags and moved cross-country to Auburn, Alabama to attend college. Though I grew up in private Christian schools, it was at Auburn University where my spiritual life became a personal pursuit. Before then, I thought Christianity was a bunch of do’s and don’ts. Through the discipleship ministry of Cru, I began to understand the how’s and why’s of Christianity. How do I study my Bible and share my faith? Why do my decisions make a difference in my relationship with God? Why is reading the Bible so important?
God’s grace continues to carry me as I learn to walk intimately with Him. Through depression, grief, and everyday craziness, He has proven Himself faithful.
For years I added to my shopping-list of characteristics I wanted in a man. I prayed God would bring me someone who lived up to those ideals. Looking back, I had no idea what it took to make a marriage work, and my limited list was full of shallow and shortsighted ideals. But God had a list perfectly suited for my needs and His purposes for me and, in His perfect timing, He sent me Chris. I am blessed daily by this man’s love.
Chris is the senior pastor of Grand Island Baptist Church in central Florida. We have three amazing kids and love hanging out together!
More of my journey
- Where’s the line between self-care and bodily obsession? (LifeWay Voices)
- Three lies that keep me from studying my Bible (Missional Women)
- On my struggle with perfectionism
- For when your heart is waiting (Missional Women)
- How to reconnect with your husband (Inspired to Action)
- Waiting for “the one” (Do Not Depart)
- 5 Actions couples can take to start studying God’s Word together (MTL Magazine)
- My struggle with being a stay-at-home mom (written when I was a SAHM … one of my most-read posts.)
- How to share the gospel with your kids (series) (Inspired to Action)
- Why I need the neediness of my kids (Inspired to Action)
- Five Ways to Pass the Baton of Faith to Our Boys (MOB Society)
- When idealism gets in the way (Inspired to Action)