FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #15 (Season 2)
I love the book of Acts. It is filled with rich and important history and truth applicable to our everyday experience of Christ. Where the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) were the story of Christ’s ministry on earth, Acts is the sequel to the continuing work of Christ on the earth, through His people. In today’s quick, 15 minute episode, Chris and I talk about what you need to know about the book of Acts.
I’m listening to this 15 minute podcast episode: How do I begin to study the Bible on my own?SHARE THIS
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- The author, audience, and aim of the book of Acts
- How the author Luke was connected to Christ and as well as to Paul
- The flow of the book – the timeline of accounts starting with the ascension of Christ and ending with Paul waiting to see his fate
- The answer to the question of how far we should model our lives and churches after the early church
- The big difference between what the Bible describes versus what it prescribes
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED RESOURCES:
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- ESV Study Bible – A great resource for any book of the Bible. Includes all the basic info you would need to know about a book (author, audience, aim) and more.
- Exalting Jesus in Acts (All of the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary series is solid and very easy to understand)
- NIV Application Commentary on Acts
SERMONS ON THE BOOK OF ACTS:
- Pioneer Baptist Church – Sermons on Acts
- Desiring God Library – Sermons on Acts
- The Village Church Library – Sermons on John
- Radical Library – Sermons on Acts
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Just click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.