FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #9 (Season 2)
There are loads of gems in this 15 minute episode! Chris and I continue on in our What do I need to know about … episodes. We’ve covered Matthew and Mark so far. Now it’s Luke’s turn. Listen in to hear a few important things you need to know before you start studying the gospel of Luke.
I’m listening to this 15 minute podcast episode: What do I need to know about the Gospel of Luke?SHARE THIS
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- Who the author of the Gospel of Luke is – his occupation, and where he was from
- Who his audience is and the reason he is writing
- How this book fits in with the other gospels
- When it was written and how that fits in with history
- How Luke was connected to the Apostle Paul
- The importance his writings had on the early church and how it fueled their faith
- The significance of Luke’s profession and his name being associated with these accounts
- What do I need to know about the Gospel of Mark? (Episode 6, Season 2)
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED RESOURCES:
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers
- ESV Study Bible – A great resource for any book of the Bible. Includes all the basic info you would need to know about a book (author, audience, aim) and more.
- New American Commentary – both of us have used in our Logos library
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament
- The New International Commentary on the New Testament – on Chris’ shelf
SERMONS ON THE GOSPEL OF LUKE:
- Desiring God Library – Sermons on Luke
- The Village Church – Sermons on Luke
- Pioneer Baptist Church – Sermons on Luke
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.