FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #4 (Season 2)
I’m really excited about today’s episode. Today we kick off our first “What you need to know about …” podcast episode. The plan is to cover each book of the Bible, providing you a quick and easy “on demand” option to learn the background of each book and any other important facts that will shape your study. In the weeks to come, during season 2 of the podcast, we plan to go through and highlight what you need to know about all of the Gospels and then the book of Acts.
Today, Chris and I chat about what you need to know about the Gospel of Matthew. I hope you’ll listen in!
I’m listening to this 15 minute podcast episode: What do I need to know about the Gospel of Luke?SHARE THIS
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- What you need to know before you start studying Matthew that will make the biggest impact.
- Three important elements of a book to look for before you begin studying: author, audience, and aim
- The person of Matthew and the authority he had to write about Jesus
- The significance of the Jewish audience and Jesus’ genealogy, and how that relates to the promised Messiah
- Matthew’s style of writing using discourse and narrative throughout the book
- The Great Commission and how that marks a change in mindset from the Old Testament into the New Testament
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Season 2 – Episode 3 – How do I begin to study the Bible on my own?
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary – In my WORDsearch library
- The Expositor’s Bible commentary – On Chris’ shelf
- The New American Commentary – On Chris’ shelf
- The Pillar New Testament Commentary – We own others in this series
- Sermon on the Mount Fighter Verses Songs – I’ve been using this to memorize Matthew 5-7
- ESV Study Bible – A great resource for any book of the Bible. Includes all the basic info you would need to know about a book (author, audience, aim) and more.
Sermons on the Gospel of Matthew
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.