FOCUSed15 Christian Podcast – Season 3 – Episode 9
Studying the Bible can be complicated. And especially if you are new to the Word of God, there are features in your Bible you may be missing out on. In this 15 minutes episode we chat through what the itty bitty super-scripted numbers and/or letters that may be in your Bible. They’re there for a reason!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- What are all the little letters and numbers in the Bible?
- What is a footnote?
- What is a cross-reference?
- WHY they are in our Bibles.
- How cross-references lead us to those “ah-ha!” moments.
- Helpful tools to use for cross-referencing.
- The NEW NAME for our Florida “studio.”
- Plus a personal update from Chris and Katie!
- Our first study together! Philippians
- Does it matter which translation of the Bible I use? (Season 2 – Episode 2)
- FOCUSed15 Bible Studies
- Google 🙂
- ESVBible.org and the app
- ESV Study Bible – A great resource for any book of the Bible. Includes all the basic info you would need to know about a book (author, audience, aim) and more.
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.