FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #8 (Season 2)
In this age of detailed Pinterest instructions and blog posts galore, there are no shortage of “should’s” and “how-to’s.” Though the extra details can be helpful guidelines, we must be careful not to make them more than what they are: suggestions from one person on how you should carry out a task. The in’s-and-out’s of how to spend time in the Word can become a burden instead of helpful tools. Today, Chris and I chat about whether or not it matters if you have a 5-minute quiet time or an hour and a half in the Word. Listen in to this quick 15 minute episode for the encouragement you need to keep going!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- Whether or not there are guidelines for study mentioned in the Bible
- The importance of knowing what you want to accomplish during your study time and taking it to Lord
- “Bite-sized Bible time” and how something is always better than nothing
- Routine vs. spontaneous Bible time and finding what fits you best
- The key question to ask yourself about your study time
- Important elements to have in your quiet time – Season 2 Episode 8: What should my quiet time look like?
- The helpfulness of having a trigger – Season 2 Episode 1: How do I maintain consistency in the Bible?
- FOCUSed15 Everyday Bible Studies
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.