FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #7 (Season 2)
Whether you realize it or not, we all have expectations and pictures of what the “perfect” quiet time looks like. Though we certainly need to be careful not to give in to the paralysis of perfectionism, it is typically helpful to have some guidelines in place to evaluate how effective our time with God is. Listen in to this 15 minute episode to receive some helpful guard rails to keep your quiet times on track.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- How we define a “quiet time”
- The importance of both hearing from the Lord and speaking to Him within your quiet time
- Specific elements given to help incorporate both this hearing and speaking into your time with God
- Three ways to approach the intake of God’s Word
- Three ways to communicate with God during your quiet time
- Quiet time ruts we may get into that keep up from experiencing God more fully
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Just click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.