FOCUSed15 Podcast – Season 3 – Episode #6
Three ways to incorporate prayer into your Bible study time:
- Before you study:
- “Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law” (Psalm 119:18 ESV).
- Before you begin to study, take a moment to ask the Spirit to illuminate your time in the Word.
- Approach God’s Word with a HUMBLE heart.
- While you study:
- “Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures” (Luke 24:45 CSB).
- When you come to a verse you are uncertain what it means, ask God to open your mind to understand it!
- Study God’s Word with a DEPENDENT spirit.
- After you study:
- “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only” (James 1:22 ESV).
- Once we’ve identified the main idea of what we are studying, we need modify our lives to what we’ve learned.
- Leave God’s Word with a posture of RESOLVE to obey what we’ve seen.
(Affiliate links are present. At no extra cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks for your support!)
ADDITIONAL PRAYER RESOURCES:
- Val Marie Paper – These are the prayer journals I use. I CAN’T WAIT for the 2018 journals to get here. I’ve pre-ordered mine!!
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.