FOCUSed15 Podcast – Episode #10 (Season 2)
I spent a lot of time reading and studying the Bible as if it were only a collection of random stories about God and how I am to live, instead of seeing it as one big beautiful masterpiece. But that is just what God’s Word is. Before we get into the nitty-gritty of Bible study, it is important to understand the big-picture themes of Scripture. In today’s 15 minute episode, Chris and I chat about the major movements of the Bible and how each should shape the way you approach Bible study.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT:
- How every book and verse serve a purpose to point to the same thing
- The cohesive, consistent storyline throughout the Bible
- The 4 different components present throughout all of Scripture – Creation, The Fall, Reconciliation, Consummation
- How God’s Word is a tapestry of threads that connect to tell the story of God’s love
- How much time should I spend when I study my Bible? (Episode 8, Season 2)
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED RESOURCES:
Links below may include affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I receive a small portion of your purchase. Thanks!
- Welcome to the Story – a quick read giving a great overview of the narrative of the Bible.
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin – another quick read all around helpful resources for Bible study. Includes a chapter on the big-picture themes of the Bible.
HOW TO LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST:
You have many options for listening in. Simply choose your favorite from below.
2. Listen from an app on your smartphone, iPad or iPod– For iDevice users, click here to access the podcast and subscribe in iTunes. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can listen with the Stitcher app. You’ll have access to new episodes on either app as soon as they are published.
3. Listen from your computer via iTunes or Stitcher. Just click here to access the podcast in iTunes or here to listen from the Stitcher website. Once you subscribe to the podcast, new episodes will show up in your iTunes and/or Stitcher dashboard.